- Ukraine in search of a magician: From protests to the victory of populism
- What About the Drone? Ukraine Hosts Most Successful LGBTQ Event in the Nation’s History, but Not Without New Challenges
- Communicating defeat? Poroshenko’s Twitter before and after the second tour of the Ukrainian presidential election
- Anne Applebaum. Red Famine: Stalin’s War on Ukraine. (Book Review)
- Ukraine not succeeding, but not giving up: Yaroslav Hrytsak
Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
The National Union of Ethnographers of Ukraine
Petro Mohyla Black Sea State University
Mykolayiv Department of the Institute of History of Ukraine NAS of Ukraine
Southern center of M. S. Hrushevsky Institute of Ukrainian Archaeography NAS of Ukraine
Scientific Research Institute “Polish Studies”
We invite you to participate in the International Scientific Symposium “The Ukrainian statehood: historical, ethnographical and international aspects” (the 25th Anniversary of Independence of Ukraine) within the framework of the International Scientific Conference “OLBIAN FORUM” – 2016.
The purpose of the Symposium is to study topics related to state-building processes in Ukraine.
The Symposium will take place in Mykolayiv, Ukraine, in June 2016.
The sections of the Symposium:
- The history of Ukrainian statehood.
- The role of ethnography and historical regional studies in the state-building process of Ukraine.
- Outstanding personalities of Ukrainian state-building.
- Ukraine in international relations and foreign policy.
- European countries experience in state-building.
- To 90th Anniversary of the death of Symon Petliura.
It is planned to hold a “round table” dedicated to the 25th Anniversary of the Independence of Ukraine.
Within the framework of the Symposium it is planned to conduct the work in sections mentioned above. A detailed list of sections will be formed considering the applications of participants. The deadline for participation in the Conference is February 1, 2016.
Working languages: Ukrainian, Russian, Belarusian, Polish and English.
It is planned to publish scientific reports of participants in professional journals “Historical Archive” and “The Black Sea Chronicle” prior to the Symposium.
On participation, please contact: Dr. of Historical Sciences, Professor Eugene G. Sinkevych (+38 050-8205726); Dr. of Historical Sciences, Professor Yurii V. Kotliar (+38 0972623825).
Requirements for publications:
Materials of speeches are to be sent to the email email@example.com, in WORD text editor (font 14, Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing). Margins: top – 2,0, lower – 2,0, left – 2,0, right – 2,0. Pages must be unnumbered. In the upper right corner: surname and initials – in capital letters; degree and academic title, place of work or study, position, city. In the upper left corner: UDC. In the center – the title, in capital letters. Bibliography is to be given at the end of the article in order of mention. References should be cited in the text in square brackets. The scope of material must be up to 12 pages. A resume must be submitted in Ukrainian, Russian (up to 500 characters) and English (up to 2000 characters) with keywords (5-7). The article must also include the author’s name and the title of the article in English. Attention! Articles with a deviation from the requirements will not be accepted for publication.
Until February 1, 2015 the participants in the Symposium have to send the following documents to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org:
- an application for participation in Symposium (sample is attached)
- the article;
- scanned copy of the transfer receipt of the registration fee.
I request to include in the program and in the collection of materials the report of:
Last name, first name, middle name
Scientific degree and academic title
Post address, phone number (required)
Section of the scientific report:
Subject of the scientific reports: